Fee Schedule and Policies
IMPORTANT UPDATE: The Green House Center has updated cancellation policies and payment rates as of January 2022. Please read below for more information.
Your appointment is a much sought-after slot with a therapist who commits to you. There are often others waiting. We ask that you think seriously about this commitment before beginning and be sure to keep the appointments that you set.
If you have been scheduled for reoccurring appointments and are unable to keep an appointment, please notify our office at least 2 business days in advance. Failure to do so will result in a charge of $125 for the missed appointment. Please alert the office as soon as you can for emergency situations and illness.
The Green House Center typically schedules on a weekly basis. If you miss two appointments (“no show”) or have excessive cancellations, this could result in your being removed from the recurring appointment schedule. We will do all we can to help you find a workable time for your appointments.
- $225 initial assessment for first 50 minute session.
- $155 per 50 minute session, after the initial assessment, if paid on the date of service.
- $175 per 50 minute session, after the initial assessment, if paid after the date of service.
- Sessions may be purchased in packages for a reduced per-session fee. Please call for details.
We accept VISA, MC, AMEX, Discover cards, cash and check.
- Medicaid Enhancement (DCFS)
- Medicaid Carve-out (for children who have been adopted through the State of Utah)
- Private Pay
- Ecclesiastical Funding
- Most Insurances
- Please note that we do not accept Medicare or regular Medicaid coverage beyond what is specified above.
We are currently on the following insurance panels:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (Regence)
- Educator's Mutual Insurance (EMI)
- Molina Marketplace
- Motiv Insurance
- Select Health
- University of Utah Health Plans
- and more. . . .
If your insurance is not listed here, we may still be a great option for you. We ask that you pay The Green House Center directly at the time of your service and then work with your insurance company to receive reimbursement for out-of-network services. Please reach out to your individual insurance to determine what your reimbursement would be.